Centre for Development and Ethnic Studies (CDES) is an independent Think Tank organization that has been generating and promoting Democracy, Federalism, Human Rights, Gender Equality, and Peace building in Myanmar since 2012. Over the last two years, CDES has already conducted a total of 50 trainings, workshops, and seminars and 22 public Peace Forums across the country with the government, Ethnic Armed Organization (EAOs), political parties, CSOs, youth, women, and religious organizations. Moreover, CDES has been producing research books, analysis papers, and briefing papers which related to the peace process, democracy and federalism.
Under the direction of the Managing Director/Executive Director, the Intern provides operational and administrative assistance to the organization, performs a variety of administrative, coordination and logistical services in support of the operations of CDES’s programs. The Intern/s will have chance to meet and learn from each department of CDES office: they will be taught and experienced on how each department works.
Operational and Administrative Support
· Provides administrative and logistical support for projects, initiatives, and programs
· Assists assigned managers and team members by maintaining calendars, receiving and composing communications as correspondence, and replies to inquiries.
· Handles preparations, scheduling, logistics, and other various requirements for domestic and international travel.
· Works with and maintains data management and filing for CDES projects.
Workshop and Event
· Liaises with members of other host organizations to coordinate logistical arrangements for workshops that take place in different provinces and states
· Liaises with Administration staff and travel agency personnel and other outside agencies regarding venue, travel, hotels, and with Catering Services staff for provision, room organization and logistics;
· Liaises with and assists project recipients and consultants as required to ensure smooth functioning of activities;
· Coordinates and disseminates all internal and external material, including publicity and background documents for local and international CDES events; coordinates appropriate mailings or distribution;
· Prepares training kits or information packages and sends material to participants in a timely manner
· Graduated in Accounting, community leadership program, peace studies, Social Science and other related fields.
· Average knowledge of computer, Windows and MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
Provide effective and efficient support to the CDES programs to ensure smooth program delivery. This includes administrative, logistical and assistance to other team members, as well as planning and coordination of team activities (meetings, workshops, travel budgets).
Intern period will be at least 3 months.
How to apply:
Send your updated CV (no more than 2 pages) and Application Letter saying that why you interested in this intern job and the position to firstname.lastname@example.org before 16.1.2018.