Position : Internship
Location : Yangon with frequent travel across Myanmar
Number of positions : 1
Employee type : full time
Duration of Contract : 3 months
Starting date : As soon as possible
Report to : Program Manager
Department : Program Department
Vacancy Closing Date : 13 February 2020
“The Centre for Development and Ethnic Studies (CDES) is an independent think tank and study centre set up to generate ideas on democracy, human rights and federalism as an effective vehicle for peace and reconciliation in the Union of Myanmar. Founded in 2012, initially registered as a Swedish non-profit organization under the name of the Burma Centre for Ethnic Studies (BCES), it was registered with the Ministry of Home Affairs in 2015 as the Centre for Development and Ethnic Studies (CDES). CDES promotes the concept of decentralization within the framework of federalism, the development of democratic values and respect for human rights, gender equality, and the culture of dialogue, negotiations and compromise in order to end armed conflict, achieve lasting peace and establish a democratic federal union in Myanmar. Through its various activities such as research, publications, trainings and peace forums, CDES is strongly committed to strengthening and supporting the transition towards a peaceful and democratic Myanmar.”
1. Document preparation and supporting for project activities.
2. Collecting information and arrangement for hotel, transportation, and so on.
3. Note-taking and reporting of activities
4. Book distribution during project related activities and events
5. Data entry for Monitoring and Evaluation
- Current undergraduate student or recent graduate is preferred.
- Good written and spoken in Burmese and English is preferred.
- Interested in and understands public relations.
- Ability to work with team.
- Ability to work in multicultural working environment.
- Analytical, resourceful and possess good organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Willing and able to travel.
- Ability to use Microsoft package (word, excel, adobe, and etc.)
1. Project Management concept
2. Report writing concept
3. Monitoring and Evaluation concept
4. Free to join CDES workshops, forum, and other events
5. Lunch and taxi fare will be provided by the Organization
6. Recommendation letter
If you are interested in applying for the post of Internship, please send;
- Cover Letter not more than one page.
- Curriculum Vitae including one references with detail contacts.
Address to: Human Resources Manager
Centre for Development and Ethnic Studies
No. 635/E, Yoema Yeikthar Lane, Pyay Road,
P.O 11041, Yangon, Myanmar
Office Tel: 09425705270
Send email to email@example.com titled “Internship”
Not later than 11:59 pm, 13th February 2019
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.