Position: M&E Officer
Centre for Development and Ethnic Studies (CDES) is an independent Think Tank organization that has been generating and promoting Democracy, Federalism, Human Rights, Gender Equality, and Peace building in Myanmar since 2012. Over past years, CDES has been conducting series of trainings, workshops, and public Peace Forums across the country with the government, Ethnic Armed Organization (EAOs), political parties, CSOs, youth, women, and religious organizations. Moreover, CDES has been producing research books, analysis papers, and briefing papers which related to the peace process, democracy and federalism.
Responsible to provide leadership to CDES in terms of monitoring & evaluation with a particular focus on the use of scientifically sound methods of impact evaluation. He/She will be responsible for the implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) framework for the organization’s projects and contribute to the design and implementation of related core M&E research and development activities of CDES. He/She will develop approaches and tools based on clear impact pathways, theories of change, outcomes, and indicators of progress. He/She will assist Research Director/Program Development Officer in preparing quarterly/annual reports on project progress and will monitor the overall progress of CDES’s projects in achieving outcomes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operationalize the M&E framework designed for the Centre including and not limited to: designing program M&E tools for data collection, verification, and management and reporting as well as data audits;
- Contribute to the development, design and planning of projects so that (a) projects have a clear and feasible strategy towards impact that is in line with CDES’s mission and strategy, and (b) projects include clearly defined measurable indicators of outputs, outcomes and impact;
- Assist Research Director/Program Development Officer to develop systematic and realistic monitoring plans that capture quantitative and qualitative data to report on project performance indicators;
- Follow‐up on monitoring and evaluation exercises for various initiatives for the Centre;
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams to develop, implement and evaluate strategic management plans to improve CDES programming effectiveness;
- Develop and maintain a system for archiving M&E guidelines, tools, data files, analysis files, reports and presentations for major activity undertaken;
- Assist in gathering, summarizing and disseminating relevant technical updates on program planning monitoring, evaluation and operations research within the project; and
- In liaison with Project Managers, organize and coordinate lessons learnt Workshops/review of program work plans with partners and other stakeholders.
Key Skills & Competencies
- Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software;
- Ability to speak and write reports in Burmese or English;
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook express including financial and statistical packages; and
- High level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
Degree in Economics, Business Administration or any other related field;
At least two (2) years relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation; and
Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software.
How to Apply:
Send your updated CV (no more than 2 pages) and Cover Letter saying that why you interested in this job and the position to email@example.com.
Closing date: 15 September 2018
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.