Position : Media Coordinator
Location : Yangon with frequent travel across Myanmar
Number of positions : 1
Employee type : full time
Duration of Contract : 8 months (extendable)
Starting date : As soon as possible
Report to : ICT Manager
Vacancy Closing Date : 22nd August 2019
“The Centre for Development and Ethnic Studies (CDES) is an independent think tank and study centre set up to generate ideas on democracy, human rights and federalism as an effective vehicle for peace and reconciliation in the Union of Myanmar. Founded in 2012, initially registered as a Swedish non-profit organization under the name of the Burma Centre for Ethnic Studies (BCES), it was registered with the Ministry of Home Affairs in 2015 as the Centre for Development and Ethnic Studies (CDES). CDES promotes the concept of decentralization within the framework of federalism, the development of democratic values and respect for human rights, gender equality, and the culture of dialogue, negotiations and compromise in order to end armed conflict, achieve lasting peace and establish a democratic federal union in Myanmar. Through its various activities such as research, publications, trainings and peace forums, CDES is strongly committed to strengthening and supporting the transition towards a peaceful and democratic Myanmar.”
As part of the ICT team, the employee will be reporting to the ICT Manager and the role shall be:
- Writing narratives about the CDES activities.
- Taking video documentation.
- Taking photo documentation.
- Taking video interview.
- Editing the event video as needed to be published.
- Any other duties assigned by ICT Manager.
This job description is not exhaustive; it merely outlines the key duties and responsibilities of the post. Any changes to this job description will be made in consultation with the post holder.
- Any Bachelor’s Degree holder with journalism background who have relevant knowledge on Federalism and Peace Process is preferred. (For those who are still studying for first degree and have enough experience, we will consider it.)
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent written and spoken Burmese and good understanding of English.
- Solid experience with Premier Pro, After Effect, and other video editing software.
- Ability to work in multicultural working environment.
- Analytical, resourceful and possess good organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently.
- Willing and able to travel across Myanmar.
- Interested in and understanding of media.
If you are interested in applying for the post of Media Coordinator, please send;
- Cover Letter not more than one page. Please mention your expected salary in the Cover Letter.
- Updated Curriculum Vitae including two references with detail contacts.
- Any published articles and one edited short video document.
Address to: HR
Centre for Development and Ethnic Studies
No. 635/E, Yoema Yeikthar Lane, Pyay Road,
P.O 11041, Yangon, Myanmar
Office Tel: 09425705270
Send email to email@example.com titled “Media Coordinator-Recruitment”
Not later than 11:59 pm, 22nd August 2019
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to interview.