Position : Research Coordinator
Location : Yangon with frequent travel across Myanmar
Number of positions : 1
Employee type : full time
Duration of Contract : 7 months (extendable)
Starting date : As soon as possible
Report to : Executive Director/Senior Researcher
Vacancy Closing Date : 15 September 2019
“The Centre for Development and Ethnic Studies (CDES) is an independent think tank and study centre set up to generate ideas on democracy, human rights and federalism as an effective vehicle for peace and reconciliation in the Union of Myanmar. Founded in 2012, initially registered as a Swedish non-profit organization under the name of the Burma Centre for Ethnic Studies (BCES), it was registered with the Ministry of Home Affairs in 2015 as the Centre for Development and Ethnic Studies (CDES). CDES promotes the concept of decentralization within the framework of federalism, the development of democratic values and respect for human rights, gender equality, and the culture of dialogue, negotiations and compromise in order to end armed conflict, achieve lasting peace and establish a democratic federal union in Myanmar. Through its various activities such as research, publications, trainings and peace forums, CDES is strongly committed to strengthening and supporting the transition towards a peaceful and democratic Myanmar.”
The Research Coordinator is responsible for overall arrangement of research and publications of the Centre.
She/he works closely with the Senior Researchers in undertaking research activities.
In coordination with Editor, Layout & Printing Officer and the ICT Department, the Research Coordinator contributes to producing the quality research publications.
This job summary is not exhaustive; it merely outlines the overall duties and responsibilities of the post. Any changes to this job description will be made in consultation with the post holder.
- A Master Degree holder is preferred. However, the applicant with profound and relevant working experience is our priority.
- A minimum 3 years of relevant experiences.
- Good written and spoken in Burmese and English.
- Interested in and understands public relations.
- Ability to work in multicultural working environment.
- Analytical, resourceful and possess good organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently.
- Willing and able to travel.
If you are interested in applying for the post of Research Coordinator, please send;
- Cover Letter not more than one page. Please mention your expected salary in the Cover Letter.
- Updated Curriculum Vitae including two references with detail contacts.
- Any published research or articles.
Address to: Human Resources Manager
Centre for Development and Ethnic Studies
No. 635/E, Yoema Yeikthar Lane, Pyay Road,
P.O 11041, Yangon, Myanmar
Office Tel: 09425705270
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org titled “Research Coordinator-Recruitment”
Not later than 11:59 pm, 15th September 2019
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.