Position: Project Assistant
Location: Hakha, Chin state
Centre for Development and Ethnic Studies (CDES) is an independent Think Tank organization that has been generating and promoting Democracy, Federalism, and Peacebuilding in Myanmar since 2012.
Under the direction of the Program Manager/Executive Director, the Project Assistant will provide operational assistance to the organization, exercise a variety of financial performance, coordination and logistical services in support of the operation of CDES’s programs. Project Assistance will mostly base in Hakha, Chin state and work in Yangon, head office of CDES as needed.
· Acts as the main contact person during the absence of Program Manager and following-up on any emergencies with appropriate in-house staff;
· Liaise with members of other host groups or event’s organizers to coordinate logistical arrangements for workshops that take place in different places;
· Coordinates registration process also acts as contact person for the participants;
· Acknowledges receipt if correspondence and documentation in the absence of Program Manager;
· Coordinates the translation, proofreading and editing of documents as required;
· Being able to report to Program Manager after finishing any activity in Chin state; and
· Handle financial performance during project activities.
· Graduated in Political Science, Economics, Peace Studies or other related fields;
· Average knowledge of computer, Windows and MS Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel); and
· Preferably a candidate who speaks and write Chin (Lai dialect), Burmese, and English fluently.
How to apply:
Send your updated CV (no more than 2 pages) and Application Letter, including your expected salary, saying that why you interested in this Project Assistant job and the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that;
· The deadline for the application is 29th January 2019.
· Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted via phone or email on 30th January 2019.